A Beginner's Guide to LGBTQIA+ Terminology and Queer Allyship
Unpack what makes up the ever expanding acronym, LGBTQIA+. You will discover the difference between gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, sex, and pronouns. This module’s heavy emphasis on definitions and awareness of how different identities can manifest themselves, will equip you with the resources and tools to be an ally for your LGBTQIA+ peers.
This module is a foundational course and a great opportunity for beginners to:
- Learn foundational terminology and key concepts
- Identify ways to be an effective ally
- Unpack assumptions and misconceptions about LGBTQIA+ people
- Develop a deeper understanding of the gender and sexuality spectrums
- Concepts discussed in this course pairs well with all 101 course modules.
Loom the Culture Map helps clients weave kindness into organizational culture. We offer assessments, online courses, research, thought leadership, and success coaching in service of the seamless integration of inclusive ideals into the workplace and the world.
The Dimensions of Diversity
Available in days
days after you enroll