Anti-Harassment & Anti-Discrimination Through a DEI Lens for HR Professionals (SHRM Certified)
This SHRM-certified course includes 1.5 PDCs and a certificate of completion.
In this 1.5-hour course you’ll learn about the basics of creating a safe and healthy workplace culture that encourages employees to treat each other with respect.
This special SHRM-certified package aimed at HR professionals includes the entire contents of Anti-Harassment & Anti-Discrimination Through a DEI Lens and an additional deep dive for HR professionals.
Instructors Laura Bowser, CAPM, SHRM-SCP and Sara Tandy, Esq., SHRM-SCP define the basics of equal employment opportunity, protected personal characteristics, types of discrimination, harassment (including sexual harassment), and workplace bullying, and how to address harmful situations when they happen. The first part of the session includes example scenarios that help students apply these concepts to real-world situations.
During the 30-minute HR Professionals Deep Dive, Sara Tandy, Esq., SHRM-SCP provides a deeper look into the legal aspects of discrimination and harassment claims.
TMI Consulting, Inc., is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
Attendees will be able to:
- Understand aspects of diversity including protected characteristics
- Identify types of discrimination, harassment, bullying, and disparate treatment
- Identify components of robust EEO and anti-harassment policies
- Develop action steps for responding to instances of harassment or discrimination
- Apply legal concepts to real-world scenarios